Pretty much my only class rule is "no complaining or whining." I have other rules for classroom behavior, but that's the only one I really have to remind my students about. This week I realized after my boss called to inform me that 'jeans day friday' was cancelled because we were having parent/teacher conferences that I wasn't doing a very good job of following my own rule because my first reaction on the phone was to complain about how much I didn't like this idea. My boss was kind enough to let me get some of it out of my system, but then made a kind exit out of the conversation.
When contemplating this moment the next morning, I came to the realization that despite God repeatedly reminding me at various times during the week of how He has, time and time again, provided for me and how I should be thankful and rejoicing over that fact; I had spent most of the week complaining about different things that really weren't so bad. I was just tired this week and felt like complaining about having to lead Bible study, take the German driving test, do the chapel talk, etc.
Anyway, I thought I would share that incredibly human moment with you all. I love being here and have learned so much and most of the time can't think of living anywhere else or doing anything else because God has blessed me abundantly this year. I am usually bursting with this knowledge, but seemed to be under a rain cloud this week. I am coming out into the sunshine and look forward to this weekend and all next week holds.
Thank you again for your encouragement and prayers!
26 April 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm happy to hear that you are normally "bursting" with the knowledge that God has blessed you and find a week of complaining something out of the ordinary. I find myself time and time again complaining and worrying just as much as my classmates and it makes me wonder just what I have in Jesus that makes it worth sharing. Why is it so easy to forget who God is? Thanks for the human reminder.
So, how's that driving test coming along Aubrey? We are so glad that you are here with us. It is a joy working with you and yes, we can't imaging being anywhere else or doing anything else right now because this is where God wants us. Thanks for the cheese!
Post a Comment