12 August 2006
catching up: Vienna
Once we left Prague, I got pretty sick. My whole time in Vienna was a little lackluster due to this. The best thing we did in Vienna was go to the music film festival held at the city hall (which looks like a palace) and plays films of the viennese people's opera (which is fabulous and I don't particularly fancy opera). This was also open air and you could just go and find a seat. It was such a cool experience. I wish that things like this happened in Eugene. I loved it! We also got to see where the royals used to hang out and visited a modern art museum (to get out of the rain). The entire time we were in Vienna, it was raining and felt like we were in Oregon in the fall. The people there were very nice for the most part and we shared a room with two french and two italian girls. The french girls ended up watching "center stage" with us one night. This was also the first time we hand washed our laundry and a random girl would always walk through and tell us what strong, good women we were. There were also several families at this hostel, which was a new sight. I learned the hard way that in europe you must weigh your produce before you get to the check out counter because they can't weigh it there. This lesson was also reiterated in Bratislava, which is a whole story in itself that I will share later! Overall, Vienna is nice and I would go again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment