For New Years, I went to the Mid-school all nighter. We had paintball and go carts and inflatable games and video games and much more out at Camp Harlow. We then went mini golfing where we rang in the New Year. After this, we headed to cosmic bowling where I not only had fun with the kids, but had a shining moment with a "left-handed strike." It was definitely after 3am and somewhere before 5am and i have to say that I think I shouted a little too loudly. oops. Somewhere around 5am we went back to camp and some kids fell asleep watching "over the hedge" and other played a game of touch football. I got to see the sunrise which was only as gorgeous as God could have made.
When I arrived home from my New Years Celebration, there were two people sleeping on my couch and Rachel Edsall was in my bed, which I didn't know at first or i would have just crawled in with her straight away. Instead I sat and had french toast with everyone and finally crashed at about eleven o'clock. I woke up at about three so that I might fall asleep better in the evening. It didn't really work.
All was slow and recuperative until Mary arrived on the third. This was the first time Mary and I had seen each other in six months, which is typical because she is in Med school in Wisconsin. We went on a two hour walk along the river (the pretty part of the path) and got caught up quite a bit. I also had her catch up on my newest British comedy "A Fine Romance" and then she and I bought all nine seasons of "As Time Goes By" for my Christmas present, which I love very, very much! Judi Dench is amazing! While Mary was here I slept way too little, but it was all worth it.
Between Christmas and New Years there was another big event-My sister's (Shana) wedding. It was a beautiful ceremony and reception. I wish I wouldn't have forgotten my camera. I got a picture with the family, though. I thought it was very cute that Shana giglled the whole way through the ceremony. Shana, my parents, and grandparents were all glowing. It was also nice to be able to catch up with a lot of family and family friends that I hadn't seen for quite a while. I felt bad for Angie (who went with me) because I spent the whole reception "making the rounds."
In all the Holiday season was fantastic! I hope that yours was equally as eventful and restful. Blessings for the New Year.

This is me at Shana's wedding. I was walking from the receiving line to the food line and my cousin, Brandee, snapped this pic in motion.
No comments:
Post a Comment