05 July 2007

PFO Pictures

Well I have tried three or four times to upload some pictures from PFO, but it tries to do it forever, but won't actually upload them. I'm not sure why this is, so I will have to try it later.

Besides this, things have been going really well. I am torn between wanting to leave because I am so exhausted and not wanting to leave because the time here has been so sweet and who knows when I will get to see these people again.

I think the next big thing after I left off on the last blog was on Sunday. We went to church (Southern Baptist), which was different from church in Oregon, but not too different. The main difference was that I was freezing cold the entire time and even though I was sitting in the middle of the sanctuary I felt like I was on display for everyone to see. I was also a little frustrated that the preacher talked about how we should all be in the will of God, but never actually expanded upon what the will of God was. They also had all these sparkly banners in the back and sang so loud and professionally that I could only hear the girl to my right sing and not even myself (even though I was yelling).

After church, we (Kathy, Kelly, Josie, Heather, Michael, Delynn, and I) went to Memphis and saw Beale street and the Mississippi River. We got to eat at EP, which stands for Elvis Presley. We had a cool waiter named Dakota who told us about how his boyfriend was from Germany. Although, our table had broken glass and a dirty wine glass, etc. So, that wasn't so cool. The rest of our time downtown was good, though.

I have also had a bunch of fun playing volleyball. I played two or three nights in a row and I have the bruises to prove it (the boys hit hard). I have also gotten to run a couple times, but most of all I have played cards, spent time getting to know people, and watching movies.

Fourth of July was yesterday and I got to have hotdogs and chips with sweet tea, of course. Then, I watched ultimate while eating ice cream. The fireworks display was a little lackluster, but still good. It would have been better if we had been closer, but the fact that I was with a bunch of new friends made it fantastic.

No comments: