Today was a good day becuase I got up and went to Borders to see if I could see David Hasselhoof, but the line was really long and he was running late because of traffic (go figure) and I didn't actually want to meet him, so the joke kinda wore off. So, I left (after buying an economist) and headed off to do some errands. I then went home and met a girl from portland (Oregon) who is also here with BUNAC and another girl from Toronto, Ontario who is here to live and work for who knows, and another girl from Germany who is studying law and doing an exchange with King's College. There are also a couple girls here from the US who i have just seen in the common room and they both drive me nuts, especially the girl from Texas who seems to know nothing outside of her world. I had to explain how to say the name of Les Miserables (I hope I spelled that correctly) and why the newspaper references 7/7 when they talk about 9/11. For those of you who don't know 7/7, it is when the terrorists attacked london by bombing the underground and a bus.
Anyways, back to my great day. I also saw this old guy on Finchley road riding his hoverround wheelchair on the street with cars, buses, motorcycles, and bicycles, and telling them off for their bad driving and whatnot. He looked quite mad, actually. It's amazing what you can see in London.
Right now I am in the ccommon room watching tv. I just got done with Dcotor who, which the American girls thought was the worst show ever made and the New Zealand/Australian boys were trying to convonce the girls that this was a huge cult classic. Later tonight we will be watching a special about the event leading up to 9/11 and I am watching a thing about autistic savants, which is always interesting for the teacher in me.
So, in all the last couple days have been good and I'm looking forward to my job tomorrow night. But be praying because I missed a call today and I think it was from the supply agency and they haven't called back, so i hope they call tomorrow. I hope you are all doing well. Talk to you later.

As close as I got to the Hoff
No comments:
Post a Comment