09 July 2006

Take a Deap Breath!

Hi all-
I thought you might enjoy a little anecdote of stress just before my trip. Yesterday (Friday), I realized that I had absolutely no clue where my passport, visa/work permit, and social security card (which were all together) were. I frantically called Beth (because she has one of my bags in Tennessee), but was not able to get ahold of her. Then I called Renee who is still living in our house and had her check some places, and no such luck. I also called some other people looking for phone numbers for Beth and rechecked all of my belongings here in Roseburg. I was at a loss. My Gramma ended up having most of Roseburg and part of Eugene on a prayer alert for this situation. I was becoming very annoyed by the end of last night because I couldn't remember anything about where I might have last left all these extremely important documents. I went to sleep (not very soundly) and then made some more frantic calls and text messages at about 6 am today. Finally, Beth got back to me to let me know she would look and not a half an hour later, she had found it!!!!!! Praise the Lord. What a weight to be lifted. The most important documents for the next seven months of my life were in limbo, but are now safely tucked away with Beth's important documents. I almost didn't get to go on this excursion, but by the grace of God I will be headed out early Wednesday morning. God always has to keep things spiced up a bit, it can't all be smooth sailing;) Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this little last minute stress. -Aubrey

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never a dull moment with you, aubs. That's why I love ya.

Anonymous said...

hey aubs its ur cousin here um well just wishing that u will have a great time where ever you are i love you and i hope you are safe in every way....i love you soo much and hope to see you soon!!!
i love you

Jourdan