but it was a good day! I started my day lying in bed for an hour after my alarm. Man, I have started to really enjoy my bed. The down comforter is amazing. Just the perfect weight, warmth, and plumpness to be the coziest place I have ever experienced.
Then, I had a three hour chat with Beth who I lived with for two years in eugene and with whom I traveled through eastern europe. We talked about everything and it was so good to have a chat with someone who I have history with. You can just let loose with your conversation and don't have to worry about sensoring or explaining what you mean. People who have history with you seem to just get it. This is one of the points where I teared up because I was talking about the different communication styles from our group of friends in Oregon to the people I have interacted with here. Not that one is better than the other. They're just different. And I am having to learn the new one, whereas I already understand the old one. I totally needed this conversation and it was so good.
I then, took the car back to school because we had used it to get groceries the night before. I picked up my bike and went to get some bread, caffeine, and a map of Basel, just in case I got lost. I met up with Diana (my director) and a couple of her friends at the Herbstmesse. We went on a ride called "crazy mouse" that is like a combination of a mini rollercoaster and disney's teacups. I was laughing the whole time and the girl sitting on the complete opposite end of the car would scream at every turn or dip. It was quite the ride of opposites. We also rode the Ferris wheel, which was a big step for Diana because she is afraid of heights. She did really well not freaking out and I even got pictures of her enjoying herself. I could have taken a nap, the ride was so smooth and peaceful. If you ever come during Herbstmesse, you should take this ride because you get to see all of Basel from above. It is such a beautiful sight, even if it's overcast.
On my way home, I rode my bike through the bike paths near the grenze (sp?) and started to tear up because I realized how much I missed riding my bike in Eugene and simply enjoying nature. I decided that I need to start riding my bike more often. I can't wait to explore all the various paths!
The day ended totally differently than expected. I was going to make cookies for the church potluck the next day and went to Diana's to get the pumpkin and ended up staying until a quarter to one. We had dinner, baked pumpkin everything (bread, pasta, etc.), and washed dishes. It was a good, relaxing, fun time. I laughed all night, partly because we were all being funny, and partly because I was delirious from having been up for 18 hours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment