26 August 2007

Day 4

Was able to get up for church, even though I was really half asleep. I went to an Anglican church in Basel. It was good. I really appreciated the way they did communion. It just felt more personal somehow. The wine was great. (I know that statement for various reasons will shock some of you) The people were very nice, but I didn’t really take much away from it because I was still in the throngs of jet lag. There was one point during the sermon where I had to keep looking at different places around the sanctuary just to keep from shutting my eyes. The really cool thing was that on the way to church I actually recognized some places from when I went to Basel last year. The rest of the day was so chill. I took a nap, read, and worked on some lesson plans.

No comments: