In the two weeks I have been in Weil and at the school, I have noticed a few things. I am sitting in my half assembled classroom at the school. It's half assembled because I have started to move things around to where I actually want them to be versus where they were put and I haven't had time to finish because the daily duties of teaching take first priority. Just a side note, I think I pulled my back a bit trying to move things around. I have never actually done that before and it doesn't feel good. I will definitely be more careful next time!!
I love the windows in Germany. You have three options: closed, open, and what I call "the V." You can put the window in these three position by moving the handle to various degrees: 6 o'clock, 3 o'clock, or 12 o'clock (respectively).
They also have these great systems for blinds, that not only block out the sun, but also act as security. That way you can have your window open, but feel secure that no one will just climb in. I've seen these types before, but just can't get over how cool they are.
If I could, these would be two things I would import to the US!! Money maker?;)
The slugs here are way different than those in Oregon. I'll take pictures as soon as possible. Some are bright orange and you can find them everywhere. I've only seen two earthworms.
Blackberry grows here, but I have seen very few ripe ones and they aren't as big. Sad day because I absolutely love blackberries. (Sandy, have you figured out how to get them and ship them from Oregon. yet?) It's still nice to see familiar shrubbery.
God makes the most beautiful clouds here. I'll try to get as many pictures as possible. Some of the mornings have been absolutely glorious.
The weather is incredibly similar to Oregon (Eugene, specifically). This morning we were in a cloud bubble that was constantly raining and now it id warm an the sun is shining brightly with no rain in sight.
I have more, but I will save them for another time. Know that I am doing well, besides the back. I so appreciate your encouragement and prayers. I feel so blessed by all of you. Thank you for making the last two weeks of transition easier!
-Aubrey
30 August 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
slugs and earthworms and German-extension-cords, oh my! love the anecdotes. When do we get to hear more about these ladies you are staying with? Your students? Descriptions please?!
Love ya girl,
~Mary
I bet the Germans will turn you into a beer-loving girl. Cheers! : )
I am playing catch up on the blog, I have blackberrys from Gramma and Papas place, we picked them in August, I will work on the shipping thing, Gotta run Jourdan needs to go to work, more on her later, that a whole chapter. Take care, In his grace. Sandy
Post a Comment