Saturday I slept in to a whopping 8:30 am, but forced myself to stay in bed until 10:30 am. I am told that because of this, I am past the jet lag and I will be fine. I had a leisurely morning of laundry and Gilmore Girls. Until I figured out that we threw a breaker in the kitchen and I had no idea where the breaker box was. So, I found an extension cord in the hall that housed the phone, computer and internet. I found all of those new homes and relocated the extension cord to the kitchen where I fined the load in the washer and then plugged in the fridge. You may be wondering how the extension cord worked in the kitchen when a breaker had been blown, but one wall of outlets still worked for some reason. I know because I made toast to make sure. Since, none of the appliances had long enough cords, I had to use the extension cord. The house was an obstacle course, with the computer across the hall and the extension cord blocking the kitchen entrance. I tried to wash the dishes later, but the light wouldn’t turn on, so I couldn’t. Bummer☺
I went grocery shopping, and to a football (soccer) game. Josie’s husband, Jamath plays for the local team. It was a hoot. The old guys are so cute and there were two fights. One in the crowd and one on the field. The goalie got a red card. It was great! Next time, I will get a bratwurst and beer and let you know what I think. Before the game we were at ice cream and we heard all of this honking on the street ahead of where we were and then all these cars started to pass while honking their horns. It was a wedding party headed to the reception. They were all honking and they all had some sort of ribbon hanging off their antennae and whatnot. Anyway, cool tradition.
Today, I opted out of church just to give myself another day without anything. I finished my laundry this morning, enjoyed mid-morning devotions, and caught up on more Gilmore Girls. I have since spent the afternoon hanging out with Anne and Allison and working on this blog. School starts tomorrow and I am partially excited because my kids are great, but I will also miss the time to just relax and feel settled.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
yay, it's so good to hear from you! Glad you made it safely and have survived your first week of school and german electricity. :-)
What a week and I thought my days are out of contol sometimes, We have faith in you and I know you will get the hang of things. Look forward to more updates Sandy/boise, Id
Post a Comment