26 August 2007

Germany Day 1

Was 32 hours long. Immediately after getting off the plane (the airport is actually in France), we drove to the school (which is obviously in Germany, but you have to drive through Switzerland, so I got to be in three countries in a matter of minutes. That’s how close to the border I am.) The staff, parents, and students were at the school for an open house/meet the teacher’s afternoon. It was quite interesting to be the person to talk to at the open house. The staff went out to Nino’s for Italian after the open house and we had a great time. Allison and Anne and I stayed up until 12:30am or so just chatting about random things. So, in all I had a great first day, despite the fact that it was actually longer than a full day and really felt like three days.

No comments: