12 November 2007

a Hedgehog?

Hi all-
Today we had crazy hair day and it was so fun to see the students and staff. The staff stayed pretty tame, although Diana's hot pink "Marge Simpson" hairdo was a kick. I decided to do a bunch of little twisty buns all around my head. That way when we went for staff pictures later, I could take it out and have curly hair.

I had only tried this hair experiment once before and with only about a third of the buns. We got some crazy hair pictures done before the normal ones. But, let me tell you...I took out the buns and my hair was still pretty crazy. I think I liked it most in the middle stage where I had really tight ringlet/dred looking curls. Once I fingered these out it turned into a poof of frizz. I tamed it down a bit for the serious picture, but I'm sure it still looks wild.

The funny thing about this is that for my individual picture my hair was long and stick straight. Today was quite the opposite.

Once I got home from work, I went for a run. I had a nice chat with God and was able to pray, which is one reason why I think running releaves such stress. All you have time to do is think and pray.

While on the run, I was struck by how, despite having not run for several days, I felt really good. I could have run several more blocks and probably not felt it. Also I was not winded, which is always a good feeling.

After the run, during my cool down walk, I was headed towards the end of the street where the glass recycling bins are to look at the skyline of Basel, which is beautiful normally, but has lately been enhanced by the Herbstmesse (which is now over, sadly). While on my way there, I saw a creature crawling up onto the sidewalk from between a couple cars and I was struck by the fact that it was not a cat or even some sort of squirrel, etc.

It was in fact a hedgehog. "Are hedgehogs native to Germany? Are hedgehogs wild? Of course they're wild...but in Germany?" I stood and watched him for a while to see where he would go and he mosied along but was quite aware of my presence. His spines were in all different directions. I had an urge to try and pick him up, but thought the wiser of it when reminded of Sonic at Wildlife Safari.

Anyway, quite random, and relatively enjoyable. Actually, really enjoyable because I love random things like that. How often do you see a rogue hedgehog sauntering across the sidewalk?


My crazy hair for crazy hair day. I kinda like it. Maybe I'll start doing it like this for real:)


My crazy hair style in phase two. Another look I might try in 'real life'


Our crazy hair and our silly faces


Three of my cutie girls and their crazy hair


Me, the way I look most days (minus the wierd hairdo, of course); children trying to attack me;)

1 comment:

Angie said...

That's some pretty sweet hair there. I would love to talk to you sometime about the process involved in teaching overseas. I'm finishing up my Master's in Elementary Ed. right now and hope to be able to spend a few years in some other country. I love your hair in those pics! So funny!