10 November 2007

Laundry

I thought I would share with you a typical load of laundry and the various steps involved. This round I did about three loads, which took about five or six days. Even though it takes longer (planning attire ahead of time is important) and my clothes get stretched out because they don't have the heat to shrink them, I kind of like this method. You can do other things while the load washes and then there is some mandatory think time while you pin the clothes on the line. We'll see if I ever adapt back:) I'm just grateful I don't have to scrub my clothes in a wash basin;)


Sorting my laundry. I'm sure all the mothers are scolding me for not sorting by color. I sort by types of clothes, which is really what clothes I wear most often and need to clean first, etc.


An hour (this is the shortest cycle possible on our machine) after putting the laundry in with detergent and softener (which I had not previously used in the states). I am pulling out the laundry to take it to the line. Notice that this is our kitchen (do you like the floor?)


Me hanging the clothes on the rack. My fingers were frozen by the time I was done with this load. Notice the difference in inside and outside attire. I'm getting quite skilled with clothes pins, as well.


After about two days outside, where it's cold, but not as cold as it could be, I decide to bring the laundry inside to finish it off because it's still not dry.


The last hold outs that get layed out by or on the radiator. They were dry within the hour.

No comments: