This morning I remember the other thing that went in my streak. The other day, I was blow drying my hair and some of my hair got sucked into the back portion of the hair dryer. It was quite fascinating to try to get my hair out without having a section noticibly shorter than the rest.
We started today with getting class pictures, which was an event in itself. I had the priviledge of chauffeuring my students, which took too long for Diana, to the studio in Weil. When we got there, they organized themselves into the picture taking position and all I had to do was sit down. Talk about efficiency and professionalism.
They also took the individual pictures today. I was up first. My students were in a fit of giggles the entire time I was being photographed. I don't know how well they'll turn out. Maybe that's because I like to be in more control over the way the pictures look, not just pose randomly and see what comes out. The students' individuals were absolutely adorable. Rosina sort of smiled, the most she has so far with a camera in her face. And, in typical child fashion, she burst out with the most gorgeous, full faced smile as she was getting up from her sitting. We thought she might not understand the word, so I smiled and asked her if she knew what I was I was doing, which she said she did. Then I asked her what it was called and she responded with "smile." So, I guess she did know what we wanted, she just didn't want to give it to us.
When living in Europe make sure to test the temperature of the water first, especially when brushing your teeth, or else you might burn your lips, like me.
I received my staff merchandise the other day and I am thoroughly enjoying the fleece I bought.
No matter what, I can't keep the posters on my wall to stay up. Our school is made of shipping containers, so the walls are metal and have limited insulation. You can't put pins or nails in the walls, only sticky ack or tape. The problem is that now the weather has turned, so it gets cold and then warm and back again and the sticky tack doesn't hold. At one point today, my students and I were playing higher/lower and I had one section of the alphabet fall completely off. I didn't notice until the students told me it was on the ground. Then, all the kids start their giggling again. My goodness, what is up with them today?! I looked and there was another section of the alphabet slowly creeping down the wall behind the white board like it was trying to non-chalantly hide from us. What randomness.
Something else random: whenever I leave the toilet room, I feel the need to click the light, whether or not I have turned it on on the way in. It kind of annoys me that I do this and yet, I am slightly ammused at the quirkiness of it.
Oh, the light switches here are different. You don't flick up or down, you click the top or the bottom. And, up is off, whereas down is on.
Lastly, my kids are so funny becuase I had asked them to walk quietly up the (metal) stairs. I was walking up next to them and I must have been too loud because Blaise turned to me and said, "quietly, Miss Aubrey!" Sorry Blaise. I then walked very slowly and very quietly up the stairs. Man, can they be bossy. I hope they don't get it from me;)
I'm sure I will have more randomness for you all, but for now I am going to sign off. I hope you followed and enjoyed the complete unorganization of this blog.
07 November 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment