It's too bad the picture wasn't taken today because everyone looked so cute in their Christmas colors. I even had some of the ribbon that Angie gave me last year in my advent calendar.
After lunch, the kids went home and the teachers started conferences. I only had two today because one set of parents can't travel due to the new baby not having a passport, one set postponing due to the fact that their daughter missed a month of school to go to Colombia, and the other set of parents feeling it wasn't necessary to have a lengthy meeting, just a couple minutes to catch up would suffice.
*Side note: I hope you all appreciate my attempt at using larger and more varied vocabulary in my blogs because I spend all day with words the likes of "bed, sled, zed, fed," as well as, "add, cut, write."
The conferences went well, even though I was a bit intimidated. I know I am knowledgeable in this field, but I can sometimes feel inferior for whatever reason. I think I am a person who needs a considerable amount of positive self talk to buy into something that should be innately understood in my perceived level of confidence. (I'm sure that last part doesn't make sense, but trust me it does) It was good to know that the parents think things are going well!
I was done with conferences by about 1:30pm and went to work on some other projects I had been meaning to get done for a while. I was relatively productive and went home earlier than normal, but still not too early (about 5pm). I guess I have a reputation of being the late one, which is almost always true. But, in my defense, I do start my after school routine an hour after everyone else (because of tutoring).
When I got home, I didn't go for my usual run, instead I made refried beans for dinner and they were so good, but I ate way too much. I ate almost an entire bowl full (two cups) and an entire bag of tortilla chips (smaller than in the states, but still not a wise move). It was exactly what I needed, but I somewhat regretted it a bit later. I think refried beans and tortilla chips are my comfort food; one last piece of home to enjoy (besides all the hippiness;)
**On a random note: I lost 'U,V, and W' to the oblivian behind the white board yesterday. I, now, have a new challenge of whether or not I can get it out. I'm thinking yard stick and sticky tack. I'll let you know how it goes.

me at the open house a month or so ago, but I look roughly the same, just with longer hair and warmer clothes:)
2 comments:
oh Aubrey. Your page is so cozy. I can't wait till you paint your room. Please sign me up (for the next war??)!
I love hearing you process stuff. looking forward to hanging out tommorrow. I'm thinking... can I take you home with me? :) There's a 6:20 (actually six twenty-one if you leave from the busstop closest to our house) bus back to Weil if you want?
*you are beautiful!
Nice picture. Such a sweet smile.
Uncle K
Post a Comment